5 Reasons to Attend #TheCollectiveFoodie!
We've been counting down the months until #TheCollectiveFoodie speed tasting event kicks off on April 4th and now we can finally start counting down the days! If you've been following our Instagram and Facebook posts, checking our tweets, watching our stories or reading our blog, you can probably tell how excited we are for this event! Taking place in the heart of DTLA at Angel City Brewery, this speed tasting extravaganza is one you won't want to miss and here's our top 5 reasons why!
1. An Innovative Concept: You've heard of speed dating but have you ever heard of speed tasting? You can probably imagine the kind of curated experience we're bringing to life but instead of speeding around to meet a potential love match, you'll be joining a group of other foodie lovers and given a time limit to taste from some of LA's most inspiring restaurants! Which brings us to #2...
2. Incredible Food: When you live in a metropolis like LA, you become accustomed to new restaurants popping up all over town and sometimes it can be a little challenging to navigate the waters and decide which places to add to your bucket list! That's why we decided to do the work for you (rough life ;)) and have brought you some of the cities most impressive and decadent establishments. See our last blog post "Tastes of #TheCollectiveFoodie" for a sneak peek at each of the restaurants and the kind of cuisine you can look forward to experiencing!
3. Craft Beer & Chocolate Pairings! If you have an affinity for great food then chances are you also enjoy a great beer to go with it! We are so excited to have Angel City Brewery host our event in their amazing Arts District location in the heart of downtown. Founded in 1997, Angel City quickly became a leader in the LA craft beer scene and has now popped up in restaurants and bars all across the city. On the evening of 4/4, our favorite brewery has not only graciously opened its doors but has also offered to pair each course with a beer chosen specifically for the dish. If you're interested in exploring the extensive list of Angel City brews, feel free to take a look via their website.
And who doesn't like to end an evening of amazing eats with a little chocolate? Your wish is our command. Wind down with a final beer and chocolate pairing, courtesy of the amazing Beauty Bar Chocolates, created by plant-based chef, Candice Puthawala. Not only is her chocolate 83% cacao but it's sugar-free, and filled with adaptogens for glowing and vibrant skin. Yes please!
4. 'Business of Food' Panel Experts: One of the messages we are incredibly passionate about sharing is what it truly means to build a lasting brand. Whether you're a food blogger, influencer, start-up or a blossoming foodpreneur, we have brought together some of the industries most talented and diverse experts so you’ll have the opportunity to learn first-hand what it takes to stand out and stick around in this challenging but exciting industry!
5. Serious Swag: After your bellies and brains are filled, we'll be sending you on your way with a swag bag filled to the brim with over $100 in amazing foodie-approved goodies. You'll have to wait until the evening of the event to reveal all of the contents but you can expect gifts from brands like Banza, Edoughble, Dot and Army, Smash Mallow and so much more! Bottom line: you won't walk away empty handed!
We hope this roundup got you just as excited as we are and can't wait for you to join us on April 4th in DTLA! There are just a few weeks left until the event so make sure to swoop up your tickets before they sell out + check out the special prices for foodie influencers and start-ups!